Monday 14 November 2011

Moody Monday

Hi guys

I'm in such a foul mood today but I don't know why. Do you ever get like that? It might have something to do with going back to work today after my few days of illness, but I doubt it considering I found an empty chair where Nick usually sits - he has actually gone off sick - he is not Superman after all! This made me feel good so I don't know why I'm so miserable. Perhaps it's because I had to call off my date with Andy. I felt bad having to croak at him down the phone, but judging by his reaction I've probably had a lucky escape. The conversation went a little bit like this...Me: Hi, Andy. Listen I'm sorry for the short notice but I won't be able to make our date tonight. As you can hear, I've got some sort of virus and it's knocked me off my feet.
Andy: Oh. (silence)
Me: I feel really bad about it but I didn't want you to catch my germs either. So maybe we can do it another time?
Andy: I'll 'ave to get back to you on that. I dunno what I'm doin' for the next few weeks so...
Me: Ok then. Call me when you want to go out.
Andy: yeah. see yah. (puts the phone down).
Now don't get me wrong; I know we'd only just met, but I expected a little bit more sympathy. He won't call now and if he does I'll pretend I don't know what I'm doing for the rest of my life. He should get the hint. I haven't heard from Erin yet. She's probably screening my calls, but I think it's safe to say that she didn't get a date with Andy's friend either.  Anyway, I'm going over to my mum's tonight because she's making a casserole. She always makes too much and it's just an excuse to get me over. I'm quite looking forward to it tonight, though, because with the mood I'm in I could do with cheering up. I am supposed to be going to a weird job tomorrow. It's a girl who claims she can read people's minds. I can't wait. I'll tell you about it on Wednesday.
Until then,

Callie signing off xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment