Friday 11 November 2011

Faint Friday

Hi guys

I'm still not well. I've been off sick from work the past few days and I've just been a total germbag. There's been all sorts of goo coming out of my nose and my ear blocked up and so I'm deaf too. I can't stop coughing and I've pulled a muscle in my side from non-stop coughing fits. I wouldn't mind but I'm supposed to be meeting Andy tomorrow night. Andy was the guy I met last week when I was out with the girls. Erin was talking to his mate, Steve. They are both normal guys (that is if you can call goths normal) which is good for me as you know the types I usually get. Anyway, Erin is going mad at me saying if I don't get better she won't be able to meet Steve by herself because it is a double date. I've never understood why that should make a difference. If she likes him and he likes her then why can't they just go by themselves and hopefully I can re-arrange my date with Andy once I'm feeling better. There is no way I'd get a second date if I went out with him the way I am now. For a start my nose is all red with skin peeling off it, my breath smells, my hair is lank and my skin is spotty and I don't think he'd appreciate me coughing green goo all over him and asking him to repeat everything he said due to my deafness. All Erin cares about is herself - if she were a good friend she would be round here now with a huge bowl of chicken soup and a nice warm blanket - but no, all she does is phone me up and moan, moan, moan. I think I seriously need to get some more friends; the ones I have are so selfish. Ignore me I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Before I sign off, I forgot to mention about the doddery old woman I met who thought she saw fairies. I wasn't getting too excited about it because fairies are just that - a fairy tale - they don't exist! However; I went along anyway and we sat in a tent in her garden. She had a pair of binoculars and for a while nothing happened and then she gave a squeal of excitment and passed them to me and guess what I saw...



That's right! a butterfly. The poor old dear was short-sighted. It was a nice butterfly though. It had nice white wings and so I can see why she was mistaken. I think the poor thing was lonely and just wanted someone to talk to. I think I made her day when I told her it was a fairy. Who am I to spoil someone's dreams. Anyway, I'm going to sign off now. I think I need to go back to bed and cough up some more green stuff.
Have a nice weekend,

Until next time,

Callie signing off xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment