Wednesday 7 December 2011

Windy Wednesday

Hi guys

I'm typing this after being attacked by a rubbish bin that had just been emptied. It has been so windy the past few days (that is an understatement, actually - the gusts have been gale force) but fortunately I'd not had too many problems, until today. I was driving down the road, minding my own business, singing along to Maria Carey's Christmas song when I was almost forced off the road by a black bin that was blown into my car at a most inopportune moment. It thumped the side of my car so hard it's left a dent and made me scream like a banshee. I was just glad that it hit the side of my car and that it hadn't been launched in front of me causing me to swerve or worse-I could have been  killed! (Let's just say I will be sticking to the speed limit in future.)
Anyway, that was the bad news. I'm feeling a little better now that I've had three cups of strong tea with lots of sugar in it (good for shock apparently). The good news is...(drum roll), Scott has asked me to go to his work's Christmas dinner with him! Nobody has ever asked me to do that before; probably because most of them have been too ashamed to be seen with me or something. Isn't that great? He must like me. All his bosses will be there and everything. We are going to the Lowry in Manchester. It will be so cool. I even get to wear a formal evening dress. Just call me "Posh". I can't stop thinking about it. When I log off I will have to get ready to go out with Nick to a man who claims to be the real reincarnation of Elvis Presley. I don't think he is, not because I don't believe in reincarnation (my mind's still open on that one) but because if Elvis were to come back again, I'm sure he would pick a better place to live than a council house in Runcorn. It should be interesting though and will probably take my mind off the excitement of Scott's party and the shock of almost being tragically killed by a rubbish bin. I will tell you all about it on Friday. But until then...


Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment