Monday 19 December 2011

Miserable Monday

Hi guys,

I know I should be happy with Christmas approaching and all that, but the weather today has made me so miserable. Rain, rain and more rain. Now I don't wish to complain too much, because I much prefer this than the weather we had this time last year, when I lost control of my car in the snow and it got stuck,so I had to walk seven miles home, by which time I almost died of hypothermia;which turned into a bad case of flu. Last Christmas was spent lying in bed, my nose oozing with goo and giving Rudolph something to be jealous of.

Anyway, I know you haven't logged in to read about weather. You all want to hear about Friday night, right?
Well. It started off pleasant enough. I wore my black trousers and red satin top and I'd gelled my hair so I looked a little bit like Victoria Beckham (without the style and skinny body, more's the pity). Scott picked me up and he looked absolutely gorgeous in his tuxedo; he reminded me of Daniel Craig. I don't usually like James Bond but Scott looked really 007 and I couldn't stop gawping at him. Unfortunately, most of the women at the Golf club (where the party was being held) also couldn't stop ogling him either. Scott, being a typical man, was oblivious to all this, though. Until the girl I'd been dreading meeting arrived. She turned up fashionably late and I swear everyone in the room stopped what they were doing when she walked in. She was wearing a skin-tight red velvet dress which clung to her Elle Macpherson-like body and her long, slim legs were tanned and shimmering. What a bitch, were my first thoughts. (Well I can't help it, can I? I do try to be nice but I can't help my first impressions.) She had hair that I could only dream of too - long, brown with blondish highlights and wavy - a bit like Liz Hurley's. Her face was perfect too. (Well it had to be didn't it!)
I knew straight away that it was Melissa. She waved at Scott and came hurrying over (which spoilt her initial cool, calm, show-stopping entrance a little - made her look desperate). I swore Scott's pupils dilated, but I let him off because that is an involuntary biological reaction, which I'm sure most men had when they set eyes on her. They hugged and then he introduced me. That was when I realized my first impressions were right. She looked at me like I was something she'd just stood in, mumbled, "Nice to meet you," and then turned her back to me and dragged Scott away to the buffet table. I stood motionless for a second, watching them laughing and giggling together. I couldn't quite believe what had just happened. I gulped my wine and then grabbed another large glass from a passing wine-waiter. I guzzled that and then went looking for more. That was when I got a little less self-conscious, shall we say. I walked over to the two of them and I tapped her on the shoulder and said, "I think you'll find that's my boyfriend not yours, love." She opened her mouth and her eyes almost popped out of her head. Scott looked down at the floor, obviously embarrassed. "I needed to speak to him about work," she said. As if I was going to believe that one. Scott then told some stupid joke that only computer geeks would get, something about dos. I didn't get it but Melissa laughed (what a fake) and put her hands all over Scott's arm. She knew what she was doing. Had I had just one more glass of wine I would probably have decked her one, but luckily for me (and Scott) I was quite composed. So I grabbed his arm and led him away. "We'll see you later, Melissa," I said. "We've got other people to speak to." She smirked at me. I then told Scott how cheeky I thought she was, but he said that there was nothing wrong with what she'd done and that they had been speaking about some sort of update that was taking place over Christmas and whether he thought they'd have to be on call. Yawn, yawn.

The rest of the night wasn't too bad. I drank a few more glasses of wine and ate some nice party food (they had some gorgeous chinese chicken on sticks) and snogged Scott quite a bit. I didn't stay at his place, though, because I didn't want him to see my hangover-face. Melissa came over a few more times during the night but she went off with one of the managers at the end of the night. He was quite ugly, so she was either after his money or a promotion (or both).

I didn't see Scott for the rest of the weekend because he phoned saying he had the hangover from hell and that he would see me on Wednesday. I must admit, I'm feeling a little bit nervous about our relationship now that I've seen Melissa. She is obviously going to be a rival and I reckon that if Scott realizes that she actually fancies him, then she'd win - she earns five times as much as me and is about fifty times more sexy so I'm resigning myself to the fact that Scott and I won't be together for much longer (story of my life) and that is another reason why I'm so miserable today. Nick wasn't in work today either (he said he had food poisoning) and so I've spent the day doing admin and filing and wishing Christmas would hurry up so I can drink egg nog and eat loads of chocolates to cheer me up. Actually, why wait until Christmas, I think I'm gonna treat myself now. So until next time...

Callie signing off

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment