Friday 16 December 2011

Fearful Friday

Hi guys,

You must be wondering what I have to be fearful about, right? I have loads to be scared of. I'm going to Scott's work's "do" tonight and I'm so nervous. I tried on my indigo blue dress earlier and now that I've lost a little bit of weight it's hanging off my shoulders a little too much and I don't want his boss and colleagues to get an eyeful of cleavage. I don't have a clue what else I can wear though; I don't have many "dressy" things in my wardrobe, as when I go out I usually wear jeans and t-shirts (I usually go to rock or indie clubs and if you dressed up to go inside you'd probably get beaten up.)
The only other thing I could possibly think of wearing are my black work trousers and a red satin top that I sometimes wear underneath my suit jacket (also for work). I can't think of anything else other than asking Ella if I can borrow one of her outfits, which would be difficult considering we haven't spoken to each other for a while. I would ask Lila but I wouldn't fit into anything she owns. What's a girl to do?

I'm also really worried about drinking too much and making a total show of myself (and Scott) or not drinking enough and being too shy to speak to anybody. As far as I know, all the drinks are free and so the temptation will be too much for me. I'm scared of meeting Scott's colleagues too. There's a girl called Melissa who he keeps mentioning a lot - she's some sort of IT whizz-kid and although he hasn't come out and actually said it, I get the feeling she's quite pretty (I don't know why -let's just call it women's intuition) and he might have a thing for her. His boss is also supposed to be some sort of lecherous fat guy and so I don't want him pawing me either. Apparently, his boss doesn't agree with all these new equality and sexual harassment rules and regulations and just does what he wants. (I'd hate to think what Scott means by that.)

So, I'm sitting here typing this quickly before I get ready. Scott is picking me up at eight and so I still have some time. Wish me luck, anyway and I will let you know how it goes on Monday. But until then...

Callie signing off

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment