Friday 28 October 2011

Fiendish Friday

Hi guys,

Well, we went to that old folks home; Nick and I and it was totally freaky. The old folks walked around in a daze half the time and I don't think it had anything to do with their age - I think it was the weird atmosphere in the home. It is an old listed building and apparently it used to be an old infirmary in Victorian times and lots of people died of plague or some similar horrible illness. The nurses reckon they see lots of see-through figures walking down the hallways at night. They aren't scared because the apparitions don't really do anything scary; but for me they wouldn't have to - just them being there would be enough to freak me out and have me running for the hills. So it was a good job I had a nice hunky man like Nick to protect me - NOT! He was worse than me - what a mummy's boy! He kept hiding behind me and I could hear him breathing really quickly and going "Can you see anything yet?". I forgot to mention - we were in the house during the night when the ghosts were supposed to appear. It was quite cold in the corridors but I bet it was just because of the time of year. I did feel scared but I put that down to the fear of what might appear. Nothing materialized though and I guess I was kind of disappointed. Nick drove me home and I swear I could see his legs shaking and the car was swerving a bit on the way home. As we were driving I kept imagining what it would be like if he were my boyfriend (strange I know) but I don't usually get in cars with men at night unless they are relatives or boyfriends so this was weird for me. He didn't speak much. I asked him what we were going to write in our article about the ghosts and he said we could just make something up. That just says it all about him, if you ask me. All journalists would be able to write great stories if they just made it up. Some would say that the UK tabloids make stuff up all the time but that doesn't make it right. I don't think our boss will agree with him (he likes proof, usually, like photos or something). At least it is the weekend. I'm going out tomorrow with Lila, Ella and Erin on a girls' night out hitting the local night clubs. There's never a dull moment when we all get together and so I will let you know about it on Monday.
Until then,

Callie signing off xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment