Saturday 1 September 2012

What's a girl to do?

Hi all,

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine. It's weird how Septemember seems to be our new summer, here in the UK. I've spent the morning lazing around in my mum's garden. I stayed there last night. I know you must probably think I lead such a boring life when I stay at my mum's on a Friday night - and you'd be right, actually.

My life is boring, right now. I've been looking for work and have been so worried about paying my bills that I've not been eating (there are perks to this, for example, my new flat stomach! Yay!) and so my mum and dad came down yesterday, dragged me out of my apartment and flung me in the back seat of their car. To anyone watching, it probably looked like kidnap; it certainly felt like it!

They were just worried about me. They ordered in some fish and chips and we had a good night watching "Jack and Jill" (Adam Sandler cracks me up!) and drinking beer. It was ok, actually. Even Lila was on her best behaviour! I'm starting to think that I could actually give up my apartment and move back in with my folks, if the worst comes to the worst.

Anyway, I'll tell you what else I've been up to. I registered with some agencies and I almost karate chopped a stupid blonde bimbo, who looked as though she'd just left school, because she had the nerve to tell me (in a patronising tone) that she didn't think they would have any work for someone like me, because, although I had office experience, most companies want somebody who is reliable and she didn't think journalists were. She said that if I got a better offer then I would be off and she couldn't have somebody like that on her register. I wanted to kill the bitch, but instead I just told her that I didn't want to work for condescending, arrogant women like her and it was her loss. It was so funny to see her gaping mouth as I shimmied out of the door - stupid cow!

I did manage to sign up with one temp agency, though. They were great. It was a man, I spoke to, though, and I did the usual fluttering of eyelashes (I know it's sexist, but these are desperate times!) and he said that they got a lot of typing assignments, which would suit me and so I'm waiting for the offers to come flooding in. I might actually get to meet some nice men at some of these office, who knows? It could be fate.

Anyway, I'm going round to Ella's house tonight. She is returning last week's favour and having the girls round to her house for drinks and nibbles, tonight. I told her I'd need much more than nibbles, now that I've got a stone to put back on!

I'll catch up with you next week but until then...

Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment