Saturday 26 May 2012

Singalong Saturday

Hi guys

I am sooo excited today! Why? you may ask, well - I am a eurovision addict. I can't get enough of it. I've been watching all the semis this week and the grand final tonight is just too much for me to take! Every year I have a party and this year is no exception. My apartment is only small; however, I do have a communal garden area and my neighbours have agreed that I can have a barbecue before the party starts. The weather is phenomenal right now - just perfect. I have invited my neighbours, but only one, a quiet guy called Liam, agreed to join me. I've also invited my family and Ella. I did invite Erin and her beloved, but she declined. No surprise there - she doesn't know what's she's missing.

After the barbecue, we are all going inside my apartment for the big event where I will have bowls of peanuts and other treats scattered around and shot glasses - we all have to drink a shot when a funny act comes on (so that means a lot of shots get drunk!) My favourite act, so far, this year is the Russian act. I just love those women - they have such a great attitude and I will be cheering them on. And as much as I love old Englebert (he's just like a cool granddad, isn't he?) I don't think our boring song is going to set the world alight. Sorry Englbert.

Anyway, I also have some other news - I applied for a job as a journalist for a local underground music newspaper and I have an interview next week! It will be my perfect job as I get to go to gigs and write about up and coming new acts - I can't wait. It's like my life is on the verge of change. As Lady Gaga would say, "I'm on the edge of glory..." etc. etc.

And that, my friends, is that. I hope you all enjoy watching the eurovision as much as I will (I automatically assume everyone is going to be watching it!) and until next time...


Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment