Sunday 20 May 2012

Sickly Sunday

Hi all

So sorry it's taken me until now to post. I have been ill and have not had the energy to do much at all, so I've spent most of last night and this morning, in bed. A lot of it is self-inflicted, I must admit, but I also have this horrible bug that's been going round. I feel achey, tired and I have the cough from hell that's been keeping me up all night.

I've still been in work - I don't get paid for time off sick and, as I'm now looking for a new job, I have to keep a good sickness record. Fortunately, I didn't get sent to see any weird people. I had to come up with another article though (which was hard because my boss doesn't like my "tell it like it is" sort of stories) and as I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't upset my boss I ended up writing some boring stuff about the importance of keeping fit by doing regular exercise and eating healthily and how I had lost half a stone in the past 6-8 weeks.

I saw Nick on Friday. I told him, beforehand, that I was a germ bag but it didn't put him off. We went to his friend's house for a party. I spent most of the night sat in the corner, coughing up green goo and knocking back brandies to try and burn the germ out of my throat (didn't work, though).

Oh, yeah and something bad happened on Wednesday night. I was really feeling sorry for myself and so Mum told me I could stay at her house for a few days and she would look after me (which was nice).
She made us all a nice spicy casserole and then I went upstairs to the guest room and read my kindle while they all watched telly downstairs. Lila's boyfriend stayed for tea and I don't know how Mum and Dad stayed in the same room as them - they were practically all over each other. This wasn't the bad part, though. The bad part was when I was just dropping off to sleep (it must have been about ten) and I heard the door opening. I didn't think much of it, at first, until I felt breathing on my neck and I felt somebody stroking my hair. I knew it wasn't Mum. I turned round and it was Lila's fella staring at me. I couldn't believe it. "What do you want?" I'd shouted and he just shrugged his shoulders and smirked. "I thought you might like a goodnight kiss," he'd replied. I told him to get lost and he scurried off with his tail between his legs. I told Lila, the next day, but she refused to believe me - saying that I was just jealous. I hope she knows what she's doing. I can't believe I actually thought he was ok - he's a total creep. I must admit, though, it made me feel a little bit warm inside to think that he had my much more attractive sister waiting for him downstairs and he'd still tried it on with me, even though my nose was oozing green stuff and my face and body resembled a zombie.

I am going to have to go now ,because I feel horrible and need to go back to sleep and a wasp has decided to fly in through my window and I can't relax when they are in my room - I much prefer bees; they don't try to attack you on purpose, like wasps do.

I hope you all have a great week and until next time...

Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment