Saturday 28 April 2012

Slobby Saturday

Hi all,

Hope you've had a great week. I think it's flew by. I started work on my first proper "article" that doesn't involve meeting weird people. I do miss weirdos but when there's nothing going on to write about I need to use my imagination. I got a load of great ideas from Lily when I was in New York. I have attached a copy of my first article to the bottom of this blog post so you can get an idea of what I've been up to.

Other news...Mum won £980 on the lottery on Wednesday and she is going to treat herself to a spa day. She said she might let me or Lila come with her, but I bet she chooses Lila because she lives at home. I need it more than Lila, though. I have a stressful job and my skin keeps breaking out into these horrible teenage spots (I thought I'd grown out of that sort of thing) while Lila looks as though she's just stepped off the cover of Cosmo.

I haven't seen much of Ella because she's been so busy with work. She's always "on call". I don't know why she does that job- she's got no social life. I, on the other hand, have no social life because I've got friends who don't want to do anything! Erin is still loved-up with her geeky teacher guy and she's dumped her friends and even though Lila and I have had our differences lately, I can't even go out with her because she's always with her new fella. I may as well join a nunnery. I've decided, instead, that a night school course might be the best way to meet new people and get myself a new social life. I can't decide between photography (might be useful for my job) or performing arts. I'll let you know once I've decided. The courses don't start until September so I've still got time to decide.

Oh well, it looks like another night in front of the telly with a glass of wine and a DVD. Boring! Although, I do like to slob out in my PJs once in a while.

Here is my latest article. If you aren't from the UK you might not have seen the realityTV show "The only way is Essex" and all I can say is 'You are so lucky'. Hope you enjoy.

IF THE ONY WAY IS ESSEX THEN LET ME OFF NOW!

I don't want to offend anyone who loves this show but...I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!
The main reason I hate it so much is because of the people and the worst part is that I know they aren't characters - I hate some of the new characters in Eastenders, but I know they are actors and I'm supposed to hate them. The people in this show are real people (or so they claim) and it is the women who are ruining my life. Ever since this show has hit our screens I have noticed clones of these women wandering around the High Street. They all look the same with their orange tans and their long dyed-black hair. Their faces are plastered in make-up and they waltz around in short, tight dresses and high heels. I just feel as though I don't fit in anymore and I'm sure these women look at me and think I am some sort of weirdo for choosing to wear my hair short and spiky and for walking around in doc martens, baggy jeans and tie-dyed tops. I hate the way they turn their noses up at me, acting all superior. It must cost them a fortune, too, to maintain that look with all the fake tan and the hair extensions and designer clothes. I think this program is a bad influence and the world is now being overrun with replicas like some sort of dodgy sci-fi zombie movie. I have nightmares about these "false" women making zombie noises and surrounding me so I can't escape...I scream but no sound comes out and they try to insert hair extensions in me and make me wear high heels -aggghhh! All I want to say to my readers, is this...there is nothing wrong with being yourself. You don't have to get a fake tan and hair extensions and plaster yourself in make-up to look good and if some daft TV show makes you think that you have to do this to be considered "normal" then maybe you should start watching something else. I certainly will be.

Zombie Clone



Me


See how different we are? I will never be like a zombie clone and I hope my readers won't either. Be happy with who you are. Sayin that, the zombie clone looks like Lila, lol. She will probably have a go at me when she reads this in the paper next week .Anyway, I'm going to sign off now and go and get myself a DVD. Until next time,

Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment