Sunday 4 March 2012

Lie low Lila

Hi there

Sorry I've not been writing much lately. My dad got rushed into hospital yesterday with a suspected heart attack. They're keeping him under observation and so I am going round there this evening when it's visiting hours. I just don't understand why it happened. My dad's not the sportiest guy around, but he likes to go walking a lot and he plays golf twice a week. His job's not that stressful either and he eats pretty well. My mum cooks a lot and she knows not to use too much fat and stuff, mainly because she likes to keep herself slim and Lila won't touch anything fattening, anyway.

After I left the hospital last night, Lila burst out crying (which she almost never does!) and told me that it was all her fault that Dad was in hospital. I asked her why she thought this and she said that Dad found out something about her and she made him promise to keep it a secret, but that the burden of this must have been too stressful for him. I asked her what could be so bad that it would do this type of damage, but now she won't tell me, either. She's just a spoilt little brat and always has been, in my opinion.

She's been acting weird lately, too.  I went round there last Wednesday because Mum had made her special curry and, as usual, she'd made too much and asked me to go and have some and so while I was waiting for her to dish it out I went up to Lila's room.  She acted all suspicious when I walked in (I never knock!) and she hid something underneath her blankets. I never did get to find out what it was, but now it all seems to be fitting together. She doesn't come out as much, either. The last two times I've asked her to come out to the pub she makes excuses. Mum said she's been going out a lot and she doesn't say where she's going. She's got no friends so she's up to something. Only Dad knows what, though and he's in no fit state to be interogated.

Nothing much else has been happening with me. Nick's sent me a couple of emails from his new job. He loves it. He says his new colleague reminds him of me; she's an independent woman with short, spiky hair (although it's probably not shaved) and she likes to get her own way. He will probably start asking her out, soon and so that will let me off the hook, I suppose.

I've been feeling really fed up, recently and Dad's heart attack has got me thinking that I should be doing more with my life. I should have a boyfriend, at least and I should be progressing in my career, too. Oh well, I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself now that Ella and Erin have both got themselves fellas. We all made a pact that, even if we got steady boyfriends, that we'd not dump our mates for them. It never works, though. I wouldn't have wanted to go out last night, after the drama with Dad, but even if I had wanted to go out, they'd both gone out on a double-date. I'm feeling left out, already.

Anyway, I'm going to go for a run now to get some sort of stress release and then I'm going to get ready to see Dad. Until next time,

Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment