Saturday 24 March 2012

New York here I come...

Hi guys,

I'm typing this quickly while I wait for my taxi to take me to the airport. I'm all packed and I can't wait. I've not been able to sleep all week, I've been that excited. I swear I've lost weight too because of all the faffing round I've been doing. Lila is so jealous. I knew she would be. I loved rubbing it in last week at the Mother's day meal. Ha! At last, she is finally jealous of me - it's usually the other way around. She's been job hunting again. After being knocked back from the x-factor auditions and promising to stop seeing older men from that website, she's had to start thinking about other, more normal, ways to make money. She applied for a receptionist position at the local doctor's surgery; they're all narky cows in there so she will fit right in. The only problem is, that if for some reason I wanted to make an appointment for something embarrassing and she answered the phone I would have to tell her what the problem was. Our surgery has a rule, that all patients must tell the receptionist a short summary of what the problem is, when they book an appointment. Not that I have any embarrassing problems at the moment, but who knows what may happen in the future, right? Have you seen that TV program, "Embarrassing bodies"? Why anyone would want to go on there and show the world their bits is beyond me. I'd never seen it before, but the other night I was flicking through the channels and I saw a man with his bits out! And then they showed you this big piece of pink blubbery stuff with veins in it and it turned out it was a big lump of fatty tissue that used to surround his bits. I was in the middle of eating a chicken korma at the time and I was almost sick. I will never watch it again, that's for sure. Imagine how people who know that man will feel, when they meet him again, if they've seen that program? They will probably be more embarassed than him, because if he was embarrassed he wouldn't have stripped off for national telly, would he?

Anyway, on a different note, I'm taking my camera with me and I'm hoping to get some nice piccies to decorate my blog post within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, some amazing things will happen to me while I'm there so I will have much more interesting things to write about than naked people (although I'm sure a lot of people think naked people are worth reading about, lol! But they are not my intended audience!).

Here's my cab. Gotta go! Until next time,

Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment