Saturday 31 March 2012

duh-duh-duh-duh-duh New York! New York!

Hi guys

I have so much to tell you but I'm too exhausted so I will do this more as a photo blog today. As you can see, most of the photos were taken by my good friend Lily, who was my hostess for the week. She was great - and as you can see, we are soooo alike! She loves the same stuff as me, too, including Dave Grohl - we actually got to meet him. He was in the Hard Rock Cafe, casually drinking a beer and he stared at us. Lily is more confident than me and so she dragged me over to say hi. I was dumbstruck. He was so nice, though. He is my all time hero. I thought he was the best drummer ever when he was in Nirvana, even though I was only a child at the time, but now he is in the Foos he is just the greatest. Anyway, I must stop gushing. I am going to show you a photo album of my New York journey.

Here goes...

There's me on Brooklyn Bridge footpath. I have highlighted myself just in case you can't see me. The view from up there was amazing. I would have taken a photo but Lily had my camera to take this one.

Next...

Here I am at the bottom of the Empire state building. I went to the top during the day and at night we went back to see how it looked all lit up. The city was amazing. I didn't want to come home!


We got a stranger to take this one of us both. She seemed trustworthy enough. What harm can an elderly lady from Florida do? I think she's done a great job with this one. The Statue of Liberty was so big. I know it looks big on telly and everything but when you actually get near it and go up into her head you just feel so small!

And last but not least, here is one I took myself.


And here is the last photo I took, before I got in a yellow cab to the airport.

All in all it was a great week. I've not long been back. I went to Mum's for tea; Dad picked me up from the airport. I've just poured myself a glass of red wine and I'm gonna go have a bath and probably an early night. This jet lag is making me drowsy. I will update you more next week, but until then...

Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment