Sunday 8 July 2012

The Smiths were so right...

Hi guys,

How are you all doing? I hope you are doing better than I am. All I can say is...'I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows I'm miserable now....' - which is a line from the Smiths' song Heaven knows I'm miserable now. My new job is not what I'd expected at all. I should have stayed where I was, boo hoo, wail wail etc. I hate it. My boss is a right bitch and my colleagues are stuck up arrogant snobs who think they're better than me just because they've been there longer and have MBAs and so on. I could get an MBA if I wanted one -  I just don't want one. You don't need one for journalism anyway. Richard Branson and Sir Alan aint got them - they've just got great business sense. Agghhh! I'm feeling so stressed. I've just finished typing up copy for tomorrow because I didn't get chance to do it on Friday and, unlike my old workplace, if we don't get stuff finished on Friday we have to take it home and do it.

Just kill me now. I feel like going back to my old job on my hands and knees, clutching my handbag and saying 'please, Sir. Can I have some more?' and hope my old boss takes pity on me. I'm too proud for that, though, and my replacement looks just as much fun as my new colleagues. I was going to call them workmates, then, but they're no mates of mine. I just hope that as the weeks progress, I will start to settle in and they might start treating me a bit better.

Oh yeah, and Erin finally dumped her fella. She has a serious case of committment phobia, but at least it means I now have someone to go out with on Saturday nights. I couldn't go last night though because I was working and I was exhausted. We're gonna go out tonight, but Erin won't drink much because it is a school night - literally for her! She is still working at the same school as her ex but she has applied for a couple of other jobs. I warned her that she might go somewhere worse, but she doesn't care.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week ahead and I will update you on my escapades next week. Until then...

Callie signing off

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment