Saturday 20 October 2012

Don't worry I'm back!

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. I've been away! It was very impromptu, but then that's me, isn't it - full of surprises!

I can't even remember how it all happened, really. I was out on a date, with Nick and it was going well. I must be growing up, a little, because his receding hairline isn't bothering me as much as it did, probably because he has a great sense of humour (although a little sarcastic, at times) and we have other stuff in common, too.

We were engrossed in some sort of conversation about America and he admitted that he missed it and would love to go back, some time. I jokingly said something about how I wanted to go back, too, as I really enjoyed my time in New York and then he said we should go together. I thought that would mean saving up for a while and going next summer when the weather would be nice, but he suggested we just jump on a plane and go for it! It didn't work out quite like that, though. It didn't matter for me, because I'm still currently between jobs, but he had to sort out some time off with his boss. It turned out most people had already taken their holidays and so we just went!

We decided on Las Vegas, in the end, because I'd already seen New York and Nick wasn't bothered about going there and he wanted to go to Arizona, where he used to live. I decided it would be more fun to go to Las Vegas and we could go to Arizona for a couple of days in between as it was nearby.

We had a great time. I really think I'm starting to have feelings for him. It's not a soppy kind of love, but then I don't think I've ever had that with anyone and so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Erin says I'm selling myself short and I shouldn't just go out with the first person who shows me any interest (lovely, eh?). We ended up having a huge row because I reminded her that her growing collection of exes was proof that soppy love didn't last, anyway.

I've also decided to really make a go of my freelance journalism career and I've already started working on some freelance writing jobs, mostly for internet marketers who don't have time to write their copy because they're too busy raking in the cash and lazing on beaches all day long.

I'm going to go now because I'm going out with the girls tonight. I only got back yesterday and I feel like I've not seen them for years! I think Nick is glad to have a bit of a rest from me, anyway!

So, guys, I hope you've been having a great time while I've been gone and I hope you haven't missed me too much! I'll catch up with you again soon, but until next time...
Callie signing off xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment